Stopping home foreclosure is possible right up to the day of the sale of your home. Learn how by contacting Bankruptcy Attorney Mary Elizabeth Schmitt in Friday Harbor (Main Office) and Everett (by appointment only), WA.
The filing of a bankruptcy petition under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code automatically stops the foreclosure process. Ms. Schmitt recommends seeking bankruptcy protection well before the trustee sale date.
Stopping Home Foreclosure May Include:
- Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection
- Filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection
Bankruptcy May Allow You:
- To stay in your home
- To restructure your mortgage debt
- To discharge a second mortgage
- To repay mortgage arrears, often without interest
- To avoid foreclosure-related fees
Attorney Mary Schmitt is thoroughly familiar with bankruptcy laws, including provisions for home mortgage loan modification, and how to discharge a second mortgage through Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Make an appointment today by calling the Friday Harbor or Everett office at 425-309-6281.